This year there is an additional stream to the COPA Practice Growth show, Elite Sports Therapy and Medical Rehab (http://www.expoelitesports.co.uk/). For more information and to register for free tickets visit the following link http://www.copashow.co.uk/
Pre-register for free at http://www.therapyexpo.co.uk/
More details to come on programming of this event but we’ve been reliably informed that it will feature a sports therapy/medicine stream also. More can be found at this link http://www.camexpo.co.uk/. We’ll keep you posted when the free tickets become available.
- Sports Triage Medical Screening and Physical Therapy Management by Dr Heather Jennings and Dr Robert Duvall
- It’s All in the Mind by Dale Forsdyke MSc. (incl. elearning quiz in digital versions)
- The Tendinopathy Continuum Explained by Daniel Lawrence, Prof Jill Cook and Ebonie Rio (incl. elearning quiz in digital versions)
- Shoulder Impingement by Dr Chris Norris (incl. elearning quiz in digital versions)
- Does Specificity of Manipulation Matter in the Treatment of Chronic Low Back Pain – Research Review: by Joseph Brence, physical therapist
- Who is at Risk of Falling and What can we Do About It? Research Review: by Joseph Brence, physical therapist
- Journal Watch – the best from this quarter’s rehabilitation research journals
- Web Watch – social media and web resources for physical therapists
Available in print, online and via mobile apps (iOS, Android, Kindle Fire).
- Functional Fascial Taping: A Review of the Research by Ron Alexander
- Playing Hurt: Ethics in Sports Medicine by Dr Lucy Hammond (inc. elearning test)
- What To Look For in a Research Paper: Sifting the Wheat from the Chaff? by Dr Allan Munro
- Function, Form and Fascia by Julian Baker
- Journal Watch: This quarter’s best research from key international manual therapy research journals
- Web Watch: Useful social media and web resources for the manual therapist
These articles are available in full through a subscription to the internationally read sports massage and manual therapy journal, sportEX dynamics. The articles are written by practitioners from around the world with the goal of translating research into hands on practice. The publication is available in print and online as well as on the Apple, Android and Kindle Fire platforms.
sportEX Crossword 01 (Apr14) – published in sportEX medicine (issue 60)
Thanks to our friend Brad Hiskins, at SoftTissueTherapy.com.au for a round up of these new pieces of manual therapy research
- Short- and medium-term effects of manual therapy on cervical active range of motion and pressure pain sensitivity in latent myofascial pain of the upper trapezius muscle: a randomized controlled trial
- Five-week outcomes from a dosing trial of therapeutic massage for chronic neck pain
- Massage Therapy Restores Peripheral Vascular Function following Exertion
- Massage therapy for fibromyalgia: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials
- To Compare the Effect of Vibration Therapy and Massage in Prevention of Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness (DOMS).